Collaboration is often key to deliver innovative research and the most creative solutions. The Visual Rhetoric constructs a model of knowledge exchange that is locally and globally innovative aiming to:
• To establish a unique model of collaboration between a Social Science Institution and an Arts College that is built into the research process rather than as an ‘add on’.
• To make social research more accessible to non-expert audiences allowing for a broader public debate on social issues.
• To reinforce the impact of social research and the social relevance of design.
• To encourage an interdisciplinary dialogue on how to bring words, numbers and images together without diluting the quality, relevance and integrity of evidence while also sharing research stories in a way that everyone can understand and enjoy.
• To provide a framework for new forms of exchange, learning, teaching and collaboration beyond the disciplines with which designers and social scientists are familiar.
• To inspire creative and flexible thinking and risk taking that are needed to address complex social and economic issues.